lunes, 28 de febrero de 2011

Can you be romantic in the 21th. Century?


Can you be romantic in the 21th. Century?


Some months ago this question came into my head, and I thought strongly about this. I thought about my things and my acts, and finally I came to the conclusion that the answer was “yes” if you are prepared to suffer a lot of your dreaming about love. When I thought about this conclusion I realized that I was romantic.


In the book Pride and Prejudice I identified myself with Mr. Darcy, I liked him. We never show our feelings for that person, but I think a lot about her. This thing is a characteristic point of the Romantic Movement, the idealization of women loved and the fighting versus all those things or people that try to break our perfect love.


Nowadays we need sex, not love. But romantic people need something special with that person who we dream about. She is everything to us, and this is so difficult nowadays. A lot of lying, cheating, deceit and pain is what we find in the true life, outside of our ideal world that we dream about.


My ideals follow the steps of Lord Byron, Gustavo A. Bécquer, Victor Hugo, William Blake, etc.

No hay comentarios: